Emergency Cancellation Protection
We understand that emergencies happen that may prevent you from traveling. When you book a flight, you can purchase flight protection to cover specific emergencies that might arise that impact your travel. The American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) has created a program that allows you to receive a 100% refund of your registration fee if you have to cancel your convention participation between March 25 – April 6, 2024, for a reason covered under this policy.
The coverage starts March 25, 2024
The coverage ends April 6, 2024
You'll need to provide official proof of your claim within 30 days of the event's conclusion.
What is covered?
- Flight cancellation on April 6
- The death, injury, or illness happening to the attendee or a member of their immediate family who is under the age of 70;
- Immediate family is limited to the spouse, parents, stepparents, foster parents, father-in-law, mother-in-law, children, stepchildren, foster children, sons-in-law, daughters-in-law, grandparents, grandchildren, brothers, sisters, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, and first cousins. First cousin means the child of a parent's sibling, i.e., the child of an aunt or uncle.
- Jury Duty which attendee was unaware of at the time of registration;
- The attendee being summoned to appear at court proceedings as a witness, which they were unaware of at the time of registration;
- Burglary or fire at the residence of the attendee in the forty-eight (48) hours immediately before this event that required attendance of the emergency services;
- The attendee being a member of the armed forces and being posted overseas unexpectedly;
- The attendee being relocated for work more than one hundred (100) miles from the work location, which they were unaware of at the time of booking, or they are unexpectedly terminated.
Back to Top