The AACC Board of Directors cordially invites member CEOs to nominate candidates for the 2024 AACC Outstanding Alumni Awards. This is an opportunity for your college to gain national visibility that increases awareness of community, technical, and junior colleges nationwide among news media, policymakers, and other key audiences.
The Outstanding Alumni Awards, a tradition since 1982, honors individuals who attended community college and who are making outstanding contributions in their chosen fields of endeavor at national or international levels. Their philanthropic activity—giving back to the community and/or college—is of particular interest.
Deadline for receipt of entries: October 20, 2023, by 5:00 p.m. (ET)
How to Participate
There is no limit to the number of people you can nominate. The nominee does not have to be an alumni from the nominating college. The Nomination Form includes basic information about your nominee, your college, and the appropriate contacts at the college.
The Accomplishments & Contributions Form is your opportunity to tell your alumnus’ story. This section should distill the nominee’s community college experience, success in career and/or service, current professional activities, and philanthropic contributions (monetary and service).
The nominating college will play an important, active role in the presentation of the award if its nominee is chosen. It is important that the college’s CEO be present at the Outstanding Alumni Awards Brunch held during AACC Annual in Louisville, Kentucky, April 5-9, 2024.
In addition, the college will be integral to gathering materials for the video that is produced by AACC for each awardee and shown at the awards presentation. This comprises photographs, video, audio, and other print materials that will illustrate the awardee’s story.
- Nominated by an AACC member CEO.
- Attended a community college for at least 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours.
- Has notable achievements in career field.
- Has specific philanthropic or public service activity that supports the community and/or college.
- Has achieved recognition at a national level.
- Provides inspirational impact.
- Individuals nominated for the 2022 and 2023 Outstanding Alumni Award who were determined to be of national prominence will carry over for consideration in 2024. Colleges do not have to resubmit the nomination. However, updating information annually to reflect new activities or honors may strengthen the nomination.
AACC will review nominations and determine those that meet national criteria. Final selection of three (3) awardees will be made by the Committee on Community College Advancement of the AACC Board of Directors.
Those colleges with winning nominations will be notified in December 2023.
Submit the following materials to AACC by the October 20, 2023, deadline. Please include
- The completed Nomination Form signed by the college CEO.
- A 1-page resume or biographical sketch of the nominee.
- The completed Accomplishments & Contributions Form.
- A high-resolution (300 DPI) photo of the nominee.
- Additional materials or documentation to highlight or support your nomination (newspaper
- clippings, etc.) are welcome but not required.
Presentation of Award
The Outstanding Alumni Awards Brunch will be held during AACC Annual in Louisville, Kentucky, April 5-9, 2024. A short video about each awardee will be produced by AACC with the assistance of the nominating college. The nominating college will be asked to work with the awardee to gather photos for the video. The nominating college CEO will also be asked to provide voiceover for the video.
Award recipients are not required to be present to receive the Outstanding Alumni Award, but their attendance makes the event more memorable. The nominating college’s president is strongly encouraged to attend.
Call for Nominations here
Back to Top